Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bending Steel

Within the big pile 'o' treats I picked up at Goodwill the other day was a small shelf with a less than currently fashionable, rather large pink flower smack in the middle of it. To refresh your memory, take a gander below:


 


Well, as of this afternoon, said obnoxious flower no longer exists. See...




Dear hubby did the honors of sanding off the floral pattern while I pounded flat a couple of my new-to-me sterling silver spoons and bent their decorative handles to create hooks. Once his sanding job was complete, I burned in the design of my choosing. For this shelf, I selected a dainty horse-drawn carriage driven by a formally dressed lady. I think the final result is strangely sophisticated and rather eye-pleasing.


Once again, I'm waiting for a few consecutive warm and dry days so I can get outside to layer on a polycrylic sealant and protect the wood on these projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment