Thursday, January 3, 2013

Little Buckers




This morning I worked on a whole pasture full of these handsome fellers, which I'm calling my Little Buckers. Using the free Maverick Kalico Kickers pattern, I opted to glue on the manes since I am still quite the beginner with the sewing machine. However, when I moved on to my rag doll project later in the evening, I tried out a pretty clever technique for the hair that I'll share when I post that project. I may need to put it to the test with future Little Buckers and see how it works out. 

I like the way my little horsies turned out, though I think I need to hem around the bottom edges on future generations to prevent fraying. The totally finished products will also have yarn bridles and reins with loops (as shown below) so they can be hung as ornaments, if desired. I just thought these were too adorable to resist. I know how much I loved the stick horses my mom made for us when we were kids and my daughter still has hers. Surely there are others out there who gave up their beloved stick horses without truly outgrowing them. So here's to all of you fellow stick horse lovers...Giddyup!




No comments:

Post a Comment