Friday, January 11, 2013

All Out of Sorts

Today certainly didn't go as I'd envisioned - I've been feeling a little out of sorts. Don't get me wong...I'm certain the day was still productive, just so completely not in the way I had planned. And I am 100% okey dokey with that.

Being as I wasn't quite myself today, I rolled with Pink instead of my typical country music mix and was inspired to put those stunning pink magnesite chip and slab beads to work today. I paired them with silver glass beads to make a double strand necklace and added a magnetic cowgirl cross pendant for a little extra flair. If I actually had pink in my wardrobe, this piece would definitely be a keeper. But I am not a pink girl, so this hot little number is ready to sell.


 

I also decided to revisit my cutesy Little Buckers to see how I could improve them. I wasn't very fond of the glued-on hair in my first batch, so I once again employed that handy masking tape and yarn technique I learned when I worked on that poor rag doll of mine. Lo and behold, it worked like a charm and I now have a new herd of Little Buckers with sewn-in manes. I'm learning wonderful techniques every day and it's just fascinating how all of this information and such detailed instructions got passed from one person to another long before the age of YouTube!!!



Aside from all of that, I started getting things ready for next week. A multitude of old beaded necklaces and bracelets are gathered for a jewelry recycling festival to be held in my craft room. Several are outdated or poorly made or just plain unattractive, so they're getting a new lease on life soon. I also threw a handful of old rusty horseshoes in a bucket of Coca Cola for the night to help knock off the rust so they can be incorporated into some future projects as well. Looking back on the day, I guess I accomplished more than I realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment