Sunday, January 20, 2013

Readjusting

We took yesterday to make some deliveries and visit with friends and family. It was quite a refreshing break from some of the recent chaos and gave us time to reflect on a bit of news we as a family received earlier in the week that deserved a little processing. While it was a beautiful day to be out enjoying the scenery as my new learner's permit holder drove me around, I was sad to find out upon visiting them that my parents had been under the weather most of this week. I hope they are both feeling better very soon.

Dear daughter was able to deliver her special request needle felted cardinal and frog, and her customer liked them very much. She will be gifting them to others for Valentine's Day, so we hope those two recipients enjoy them just as much! I also delivered one of my John Deere pillows and a John Deere patterned Little Bucker to a very special little boy. They were a huge hit and later in the day I received a text message containing a picture of him sacked out on his pillow. His mom said it must be comfy because he zonked out on it last night at bedtime as well. That is absolutely precious to me.

Aside from mending more horse sleazy blankets and tail bags, which is quickly becoming my favorite form of puzzle solving to figure out which piece gets sewn to what, the only other crafting we did yesterday was recipe crafting! Darling daughter and I are striving to create a healthier menu for ourselves and have decided to work some of our bucket list foods into that menu. This weekend alone we incorporated tofu, which we marinated in steak sauce, and asparagus sprinkled with lemon butter into our lives and will probably find a way to keep them both, surprisingly. I also took her under my wing in the kitchen, now that she's shown a real interest in learning how to cook and follow recipes, and introduced her to my secret homemade salsa recipe. We went one step further and made fresh guacamole to mix with the salsa as well. Let me say this, we whipped up one heck of a tasty meal together!!!


So that brings us to today. Writing comes before crafting because I have editorial deadlines to meet, but once my assignments are complete, believe me, I will be tackling quite a few of those unfinished projects from earlier in the week. Tomorrow we'll be restocking on a few supplies we need to complete another large custom project that I'm extremely excited about, so be on the lookout for pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment