Friday, January 18, 2013

Feel Like A Nut...

Today was a major cleaning day, which resulted in no actual project completion. Instead we washed drapes, dusted, vacuumed, reorganized and did some other general cleaning before going out to do barn work and return to the cozy, warm craft room.

Once we got back I took inventory of what we'd achieved earlier in the day while enjoying a favorite snack - yummy pistachios in the shell. I had a wine bottle, several plastic bottles and a handful of jars washed, bleached, dried with the labels removed so they are ready when I need them. Darling daughter took down drapes to be washed and relocated to another room in the house, which opens up a plethora of possibilities for another rather large window in the craft room.

I had also somehow found time to:

Clean and seal some of the horseshoes that I'd previously soaked in Coca Cola.
 Crochet three new flowers after working on my niece's hat/scarf/mitten piece.
 Soak, shampoo, condition and dry two roping lariats.

We also picked up two more horse sleazy blankets and several tail bags to repair before the end of the day tomorrow so they can be returned on Sunday. Now, as I sit here reflecting back on the day, I feel rather scatterbrained, but it's comforting that I'm able to stay so busy. And as I realize precisely how many projects I have going at once, I can't help but think how beautiful these pistachio shells are and what a waste it would be to throw them away instead of upcycle them and create something magnificent! The ideas are starting to roll around in my head like crazy already. :) Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment