Tuesday, January 22, 2013

We've Been Committed!!!

 This morning I created a couple of pieces that, after stepping back and really looking at them in the grand scheme of things, I call "fugtional". While each of them is perfectly functional, each is also freakishly poorly pieced together. It's as if I am totally incapable of getting my measurements and cuts and stitches where I want them to be at this phase in my sewing voyage. I will get there with time, practice and (most importantly) patience.

The Fugtional Toaster Cover

The Fugtional Stand Mixer Cover


And now, on to better news. One of my all-time favorites, My Repurposed Life, posted a link to 31 Days To Get Organized with Peter Walsh on Facebook the other day. What an awesome challenge!!! We've committed ourselves to doing this as well, starting with our dining room table. This single piece of furniture seems to be the catch-all for everything that comes into our house. And then it just stays there, which isn't just a clutter problem, it's a sign that we're not eating enough meals together at the dinner table as a family.

No more "later".  Remember "when in doubt, throw it out". Day 1, dining room table tackled. BAM!!! That led to decluttering the kitchen and the front porch as well. 7 bags of donation-worthy goods and 6 full garbage bags later made me feel quite accomplished for the day. And now to relax with my thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment