Friday, February 1, 2013

Stuffin' It

I did it! I did it! Good golly, I did it!!!

Between the original, ugly-but-comfy-enough-to-be-my-chair-cushion, mule head pillow and the brand spankin' new one I made this morning, I would say I've improved by leaps and bounds working with appliques.The first major difference between this and the first attempt was my use of Thermoweb 101654 Heatn Bond Ultra Hold Iron-On Adhesive-17 in. x 5 Yar (Google Affiliate Ad). This stuff is amazing!!!

I traced my pattern onto the Heatn Bond, cut it out, then ironed it onto the wrong side of my fabric...which I had, of course, ironed all the wrinkles out of already...then cut the mule head pattern out of the fabric before peeling off the Heatn Bond backing paper.

Next I very, very, very, very, very carefully ironed my applique onto the green fleece from our mule cooler project, so that my girl's pillow will match her mule's snuggly blankey. (Feel free to insert an "Awwww, how precious" here.) I stitched around the edges of my applique for extra holding power, since I have a feeling this pillow will be traveling quite a bit for sports and music and camping trips in the near future and hopefully for years to come.

After all of that, I zig-zagged my front and back together on three sides with the good sides facing each other, flipped them right side out and stuffed the pillow full. And finally, this is what we have.


Hee Haw!!! I think we have a winner! Dear daughter is going to love it. Happy weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment