Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Goodwill Hunting

I was in the market for something quite specific for a project and it was one of those things that you have to sort of be in the right place at the right time to find. So this morning I went Goodwill hunting - one of my favorite sports of all time - and at first I thought the trip might be a bust. Then I spotted the one thing that got the ball rolling until finally I found exactly what I was looking for. Here's what I came home with to start a whole series of new projects:

The only item I purchased that won't itself be altered is the grapevine wreath. The rest will be dismantled, sanded, pounded, remantled (remantled? What is that???), embellished and so on and so forth until they're each something new and wonderful.

Of course it may take some of these additional parts to actually get 'em to where they're going, but that is exactly what helps breathe new life into the old.


Speaking of...remember my first adventure into pyrography? Well here is the (nearly) finished project, with knobs and double hooks installed for hanging halters and bridles. It needs another coat of poly and a few holes drilled for easy installation, then it's ready to go out the door. I think it is gorgeous, functional and will make a great addition to any tack room!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment