Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bling for the Ring

My awesome daughter, aka my co-pilot in this little family crafting adventure, is an avid equestrian. As such, she likes to have a certain amount of bling for the show ring to accentuate her bedazzled show attire. Because I'm such a super sweet show mom ;) I like to accomodate her... on a budget, of course. At the end of every show season, we start seeking out show shirts for the next season and the jewels required to accompany said shirts. This gives us the entire winter to get everything put together. Typically I gift the jewelry to her for Christmas along with various other show items that she needs or wants or could definitely use to make her horse life just a tad easier. This season, her jewelry collection has been increased by the following pieces:


Dear daughter has a very particular shade of green in mind for the coming show season and my husband found this beautiful pendant for me to design around. Needless to say, this piece was a big hit and matches her jacket perfectly.


 I think this piece is her favorite of all three new ones. Last season she won Grand Championship Draft Horse Showmanship in a gorgeous green and black shirt we bought from a friend and swears it is her good luck charm, so I had to make something to match it. I think this is a winner.


Now this one is absolutely my favorite and was totally inspired by the black and white beads. Can you believe I found a 3 foot long strand of them at Goodwill for $1.99??? Yeah, I couldn't either! In total, this was by far the least expensive of her three new pieces because of that bargain find.


This past week I got the jewelry bug again and made two more multi-strand necklaces. I'm not usually patient enough to make those, but I know the end result is always so striking that I sucked it up and made them in a few different shifts. I'm glad I did because I am really loving how they both look and can't wait to show them off. I'd love to know what you think.





Now I am anxiously awaiting a package from Sedona Stones so I can get started making some cowgirl jewelry..........

No comments:

Post a Comment