Sunday, January 6, 2013

This Week's Lineup

A 12" piece of tile, three 3-1/2" tiles and four jar lids walk into a craft room. Oh, stop me if you've heard this one before. Seriously though, these are the players in my lineup for the week. The game plan is pretty well thought out for the smaller tiles and lids, but I might be at a loss for what to do with the larger tile. Let me get you up to speed on what I've done so far and maybe you can give me some input. Sound good? Good.


3-1/2" x 3-1/2" tiles: I've created a unique Ace of Spades design and transferred it to each tile using my trusty inkjet printer and a hefty helping of Mod Podge, followed by a serious coating of white wash just to see how it would turn out. This is an entirely new process for me and I'm just experimenting. No matter how I end up finishing the design, which I imagine will include either some fabulous red or boisterous yellow, they will become a set of three coasters with felt on the bottom and polycrylic on the top.

Jar Lids: Each of these little cuties has received three coats of chalkboard paint and been set aside to cure for a week. Now they're ready for finishing touches before being put to use. At least one will be trimmed around the edge with cheery and colorful buttons while others will be framed in ribbon. And then they'll have super strong magnets glued to the backs and be ready to go on the fridge and be scribbled all over.

12" tile: Dear hubby drilled holes to countersink teeny tiny screws that hold a sawtooth hanger in place on the back. I glued dainty little gem stones over the screw holes and then just sort of set the whole project aside. I'm not sure where to go with this one quite yet. Any ideas? We'll see where my imagination takes this one over the course of the week and I'll let you all know.

Last minute addition: A special request for some horse sleazy and tail bag repair, as well as sewing some new tail bags in various sizes and possibly designing a new custom horse cooler. Looks like this week is shaping up to be a creatively busy one after all. We'll just have to see what my little mind can conjure up!

No comments:

Post a Comment