Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday Task List

The task list is getting longer, which is great because I am definitely enjoying the work. So far this week I've finished some of the jar lids that I'd previously painted with chalkboard paint. I don't think they're turning out too bad after all and they'll make dandy little filler projects to pass the time.


I managed to work out a plan for the 12 inch long tile after discovering a stack of leftover scrapbooking stickers from one of dear daughter's school projects. It is now a "Sights to See" sign and I'm pretty happy with the end result. Well, nearly end result, because it still needs a final coat of polycrylic before I can call it totally complete and ready to go.


And now, most exciting of all, the hubby is making me a custom spool holder to mount on the wall above my sewing machine. Is it sad that I'm such an extremely inexperienced sewer and yet this excited about a piece of wood with multiple other pieces of wood protruding from it and being screwed to a wall? Oh my.

I haven't revisited the Ace of Spades coasters yet, primarily because I'm really not sure where to go with them. Besides all of the sewing and crocheting fun I've already planned for myself, I have some very specific jewelry laid out and at least 4 new pyrographic designs in progress. I love mapping those and watching them come to life in the wood - it is truly one of my favorite forms of art. Tomorrow night I am picking up a gorgeous old window frame out of what used to be a milk house. I can't wait to transform it into something great - I already have a plan for that gem. Oh, and let's not forget the pile of leather that keeps staring at me, too. Whatever shall I do with that? Hmmmmmm. Yes, yes, yes, I believe I have enough to keep me occupied for a day or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment