Monday, January 7, 2013

Totally Sidetracked

Apparently on a Monday it doesn't take much to totally shift my thoughts elsewhere. And I'm ok with that. I think Mondays should be completely unplanned and unpredictable for precisely that reason. Today started out on a high note and looks to be wrapping up the same.

In this afternoon's mail were two highly anticipated parcels; one for me and one for the daughter, each from new-to-us vendors. We placed our orders since the start of the new year and paid for standard shipping, so we had no expectations that these orders would arrive any time prior to now. The shipping time and pricing for each order was agreeable, yet we were pleasantly surprised by the above-and-beyondness of both vendors to welcome us as new customers.

My order from Sedona Stones included a typed note which stated, "Sorry for the delay in shipping your order. Over the holiday, we relocated our warehouse and ran into a few technical difficulties. Everything is up and running and better than ever. We have included a free strand of keshi pearls!" Fantabulous...I can make at least one more necklace than I was planning at no additional cost with that pretty green strand seen on the right side of the picture. By the way, don't you just totally dig my circa 1960's bright orange countertop? Because I do! :)




When my right-hand girl opened her shipment from Living Felt, the invoice included a handwritten, personalized note that said, "The 5x5 foams are supposed to be on sale, so I am sending you an extra pack of needles: our awesome 42 gauge - ENJOY!" What a fantastic way to start two brand new relationships. If this is how they treat customers who have not encountered a problem (we didn't realize there was a delay in shipping or that a price had been mistakenly not listed on sale), imagine how well they treat customers who do have an issue. I am definitely looking forward to long-term business dealings with these two companies.

Now besides all of this excitement, "what exactly did this chick accomplish today???", you may be wondering. Well, I was asked to mend those horsey items for my friend, so I started out repairing one tail bag and ended up making six brand spanking new ones in a variety of sizes and colors. Tomorrow I'll work on getting the rest of the horsewear reparation completed.


After all of that, I put together some charms for future necklaces and bracelets. I call them "Hope is the Key" charms, and you'll see that is because of the Hope ribbons and the keys featured on each one. I love these dangly little things and am very anxious to put them to use.


And then I pinned together some John Deere fabric to make a handful of pillows after I get my hands on some green thread. I have one more sewing project planned for the night and then hope to work on my niece's hat/scarf/mitten combo crochet project that's taking me far too long to complete. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment