Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wild Thang!

I know, I know, I should be writing about a patched up horse blanket tonight but that tale shall be posted tomorrow. I have a few finishing touches to put on it after running out of thread and so forth and so on. But never fear because I still have something fabulous to share with you!

Earlier today, dear daughter and I stopped at the store to pick up a few minor party necessities before the Super Bowl started and I stumbled upon the most glorious little animal print dahlia bushes I've ever seen. Of course, this could be due to the fact that I don't ever personally recall seeing any prior to today, but that's beside the point. I bought one bush of zebra print and one bush of giraffe print - so adorable - and a handful of other supplies, then scurried on home to leap into a frenzy of cutting and hot gluing.

Once we got home, I grabbed my little hot glue gun, some black fabric, a few sheets of cardstock and a pair of scissors so I could get started right away. I hot glued my fabric to the cardstock and cut out some circles, about 1-1/2" in diameter, to use as a base for the flowers.


For the headbands, I glued the cardstock side of the circles to the elastic first with the flower on top.

 

The barrettes were glued to the fabric side of the circle after it was secured to the flower.


 Seriously, could these little wild thangs be any cuter???

 Zebra Print Barrette
 Giraffe Print Headband
Zebra Print Headband

No comments:

Post a Comment