Saturday, February 23, 2013

I've Seen The Light!

Last minute prepping for tomorrow's big tack sale had me a little frantic this morning while I made up one last batch of Wild Thang headbands, trying to figure out everything I need to grab, finish or scrap before we head out in the morning. WHEW! I needed a break - I had to walk away for a little bit and take a mental breather. So I went to my happy place. You know...Goodwill. :)

I wandered around, just waiting for the creative juices to start flowing, needing that one special thing to reach off the shelf and grab me. Well first I found a heavy duty zipper for 49 cents. I don't know how to sew in zippers just yet, but I've started quite the collection of brand new ones because I find so many of them at Goodwill for the day I decide to give 'em a go. Well that wasn't quite it, so I moved on to the baskets, worked through the wreaths, found a little wrought iron jewelry display that would kinda-sorta-maybe work for tomorrow's table, especially since I don't have one ready, so I laid it in the cart with hesitation.

I pushed my trolley up and down the aisles and stared at that poor jewelry display with near disgust because it just WAS NOT what I wanted. It didn't speak to me. I didn't connect with it. I wandered back to my safe haven one more time - the sewing/game/alarm clock/box 'o' wig aisle. Yes, seriously, I found a box stuffed full of at least 3 wigs today. But I digress. I made small talk with a bearded stranger while I fumbled through different things, basically wasting time and feeling a little defeated when HELLO, LADY, there she was, sitting on the shelf smiling at me. It took me a minute to realize that her twin sister was sitting right next to her. Ahhhh, yes, these are exactly what I needed.

And a few other things. Oh, and to put back the poor unwanted jewelry display that simply will not do.
I snatched up my two new-to-me lamps, my sugar and creamer set, then scurried on home, so excitedly, to get started cleaning and polishing and snipping and super gluing. It was a festival of shiny happiness at my house this afternoon!!!
Oh, and to cover that unsightly hole where the electrical cord used to be... why BLING, of course!
Don't get too worried if I'm silent until Monday - it just means I had a really great Sunday. Happy weekend, everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment