Sunday, February 17, 2013

Rewind

For Valentine's Day, I made an attempt at the Pink & Blue Potpourri Backpack Pattern, which turned into my Artsy Heartsy Satchel instead because I ran into some technical difficulties. I decided that, as I'm learning to do in so many other facets of my life lately, I need to be patient with each and every step of this pattern. So I rewound and revisited it, rather than allowing myself to feel conquered. (It also helped to have "Patience" by Guns N' Roses playing ever so softly in the background.)

I must confess, I did a happy dance when I finished this pocket. 
It turned out soooooo nice, inside and out. 

Nice stitching, eh?!

 I love the subtlety of the neon green thread throughout
to tie in the front pocket. (That almost makes me sound
like I know what I'm talking about!!!)

I have a 2-tone liner because I used fat quarters, not expecting this backpack to turn out as nice as it did.
Either way, I really like the effect.

 And here's my finished product. One John Deere drawstring backpack with a fancy front pocket and a 2-tone liner.
Not too shabby if you ask me.


Just a heads up for my loyal readers that I'll be venturing out into corporate America tomorrow, so you may not hear from me until Tuesday or Wednesday. I certainly don't want you to go thinking anything terrible happens to me when I'm in hiding for more than a day at a time. ☮ and ღ

No comments:

Post a Comment