Monday, March 3, 2014

Marching On

Wow, I literally dusted off the entire craft room over the weekend and reorganized everything today. Working out in the world once again sucked the life out of this place, so it's time to breathe something new into it... again!

Yesterday I measured, cut and sewed the absolute ugliest vacuum cleaner cover ever created in the history of vacuum cleaner covers. This thing is crafted out of the (ahem) finest royal blue polyester and shaped like some sort of conehead demon from outer space. The dogs were a little concerned they'd been taken captive but soon realized it was totally harmless and went back to holding down the floor in the downward-puppy-sleeping-labrador position they've come to master.

So here's what I have on the agenda for the upcoming weeks to attempt and tell you all about, whether the projects are successful or less than successful. I figure that way at the very least, we're all entertained!

  • Horse saddle blankets - I have one to use as a pattern and, if I can find the right fabric in my stash, I'll attempt a few with appliques. 
  • Western showmanship vests - I have a new pattern coming in the mail!!!
  • English/Hunt ratcatchers and dickies - I have another new pattern coming in the mail!!!
  • 5 woodworking projects - Already sanded, just need the vision to complete them. There will likely be some pyrography involved.
Until next time.............

No comments:

Post a Comment