Friday, August 2, 2013

Paper Roses

I'm having this wet scrapbook paper carnival in the craft room today and all I'm missing is the funnel cakes!!! I have a feeling the powdered sugar would just make a mess, though, so it's probably best that I just avoid those until after the crafting ends. And I don't have balloons or elephants...but wait, what was I talking about???

Ah yes, scrapbook paper! I don't scrapbook, yet I have two or three big pattern packs of scrapbook paper just sitting around taking up space. Today I decided to put them to work but started out totally unsure what I wanted to do with them. I started rooting around in my craft room junk drawer and came across a handful of paper flowers I'd started working on several months ago but was never quite happy with. BAM...IDEA! I decided maybe I should try something a little different and really like the end result.


Instead of cutting my paper in spirals as I'd done before, I did it the fun way and ripped it. Then I threw it in some water!!! How could this new-to-me process not be completely fun? 


Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to decorate with all of these little beauties!!! I'm debating over whether I want to add them to a wreath or a mirror. What's funny is that I have about 4,025,487 more paper squares left, 2 grapevine wreaths awaiting jobs and I believe 47 more mirrors needing cleaned and put to work. I'm pretty sure I can add scrapbook paper roses to anything my little heart desires today.

Detailed instructions on how to make Scrapbook Paper Roses can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment