Friday, March 21, 2014

In Stitches

Ok, so from start to finish, I actually created an entire garment. It even has a working zipper. Whew!!! It is far from perfect and doesn't fit perfectly, but all of the seams line up and the pattern is good. I am happy with this first completed piece. But not thrilled. And to be honest, neither is dear daughter. I think we both had much higher hopes and expectations for old mama, the inexperienced wanna-be seamstress.


The good news is this...a dressmaker's form has been ordered and should be arriving next week to aid in garment making, since I find that I really enjoy it. Now I can finally put my small collection of patterns to good use. And soon. I have a list of pieces I want to finish and deadlines for each one so that I can, perhaps, begin making a few for other people.

My sincere goal is to learn to design and make affordable horse show clothing for 4-H kids for families like ours who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars each year on new outfits but still want to stay up with current trends in the show ring. I aim to achieve that goal by this time next year, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment