Monday, March 17, 2014

Out of Focus

My mind is all over the place today. I woke up in tears this morning and have been praying for my friend's little girl, who is undergoing brain surgery to remove as much of a tumor as can safely be removed. I went to the barn to spend quiet, peaceful time with the animals and just prayed. As of 2:30 PM EST, she was being prepped for surgery. Please join me in lifting up this precious 5 year old girl and her family.

As I attempted to focus on other work today, I connected with a young man seeking a church to call his own. He is on a new mission, stating "I used to be close to Jesus, but then..." I reached out to him yesterday, knowing that he has been hurting, and he openly stated on Facebook today that he wants to change his life, become part of a church family and know Jesus more. So I spent time talking to him this morning and afternoon, listening to him and learning more about him. I can't wait to see where his journey takes him.

Then I began piddling around the craft room. I've finished yet another paper-to-canvas piece, painted a picture frame, cut out another fabric pattern and stared at the pyrography designs that have been waiting on me since last week. See, yesterday I purchased fabric, rhinestones, jewelry trinkets and the like because horse show season for dear daughter is rapidly approaching and I really don't want to be down to the wire getting clothes sewn and bedazzled and jewels crafted. We all know that's not how it's really gonna happen and that I'll be up til 4am before a 7am show gluing rhinestones on a shirt! But a girl can dream, right???

Now I have an evening planned with my family to celebrate dear daughter's FFA achievements. After, of course, completing a conference call, publishing a Hub on the aforementioned paper-to-canvas art, completing an online training session and submitting two writing assignments. Well, one of those assignments may have to wait until later for the "submit" button to be pressed, but that's ok. A woman's work is never done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment