Thursday, June 26, 2014

Balancing Act

I've taken some time off to undergo a new medical treatment, then to let my body adjust to that treatment. The last two weeks have been sort of a whirlwind of emotions, from terror to alleviation to disappointment to contentment. And now, as we're wrapping up Migraine & Headache Awareness Month, I'm rapidly approaching my 40th birthday with a sense of relief that maybe, just maybe, my doctors are on the right path. There isn't a cure, but a long-term relief would be greatly welcomed by so many who live every day with chronic pain and the stigma attached to invisible illnesses.

Now that I'm beginning to get my balance back and find my groove yet again, I'm starting to ease back into my workout routine and hoping (if the weather holds out) to get a few mule and donkey rides in before the weekend. If not, I'll gladly accept any sort of peaceful time I can get with my long-eared loves!

I'm also trying to regain my work balance. Some of my freelance opportunities fell by the wayside a bit too long, so those doors have closed. That's often the nature of the freelance beast, so I'm not going to keep banging on those doors. Instead, I'm going to wait patiently for new doors to open up wide to new opportunities. In the meantime, I'll start tackling my to-do list.
  • 3 horse blankets to mend
  • 2 show vests to cut, sew and rhinestone
  • 1 driving dress to alter
  • 2 pyrography projects to complete
  • 4 woodworking projects to start and finish
  • 1 pallet saddle stand to complete
  • 1 tack box to start and finish
  • 3 paper projects to complete
  • and of course, there is always jewelry to be made!
I'd say I have my work cut out for me, except some of those projects aren't even to the cutting stage! Looks like I need to get myself in gear and get to work. If I spent as much time doing it as I spent talking about it, I'd likely be able to get a lot more of it done, don't ya think?!

Sarah Ban Breathnach
Looks like it's time for me to start doing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment