Friday, May 30, 2014

Peddlin' the Wares

Closets are cleaned, clutter is boxed, rooms are lined with said boxes...that can only mean one thing. It's almost time to peddle our wares!


Our garage isn't exactly a prime location for a garage sale, being awkwardly situated in a narrow city alley such as it is, so we've been seeking an alternate spot to set up shop. No luck in this department, which has led dear daughter and I to instead put on our positive thinking caps and work with what we've got - our wee little yard! The biggest obstacle will be our chatty puppies, who desire nothing more than to verbally announce the presence of any living creature within a 10 foot vicinity - often even announcing their own people, much to their people's annoyance. We love them, we love them, we love them! But I digress...

Now that the house is mostly decluttered and cleaned and sorted and shredded, it's time to start working on the contents of the aforementioned pitiful garage. This has been a work in progress for about the past year. I'm guilty of not doing much with it because, hey, out of sight out of mind, right? Not anymore. I need to get that building whipped into shape so I can have a decent cold weather woodworking shop ready to go for this winter. In order to accomplish that, we simply must rip out the existing wooden swing-out doors and install a sturdy, modern overhead garage door. And that, my friends, will require emptying the garage of everything unnecessary, which includes more sellable items, a few craft projects in the making and some, um, junk.

The primary goal in all of this is to eliminate clutter in our entire home, including the yard and garage, to learn to let go of things in order to make room for people. I have too much stuff. I hold on to too much stuff, physical and emotional, and it's just time for me to let go. And this is one more step in my ongoing mission.

 
When we're finally ready for the big sale, I'll let you know so you can stop by and say 'hello'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment