Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hang 'Em High

You know me...I'm all about giving old things new life. So when I came across a post in one my draft horse groups on Facebook the other day, I didn't hesitate to start digging through my heap of stuff. The original picture I saw is this one, which was a crosspost from Pinterest.

Aside from wanting a few more flowers to really fill mine out, I had everything I needed. Mine is hung with the halter upside down because this particular pot was a little too big to fit inside the nose band. 

I hung it in the corner of my little flower bed on the shepherd's hook my parents gave me for Mother's Day this year.  This is a great use for those stock plastic hanging baskets that never fail to have at least one arm of the hanger broken. Please tell me I'm not the only one that happens to?! I have a small collection of these pesky little baskets, but not many old halters anymore since I've become pretty proficient at repairing them.
Here you can see the little LED garden light, another Mother's Day gift, on its very own little shepherd's hook.
 
And that is what I managed to accomplish during a tiny break in this morning's rain. I think this wet weather has made the rest of the day prime for jewelry design...inside the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment