Monday, July 29, 2013

Their Worlds Collided!

I found these precious little adornments at a local thrifty consignment shop a few weeks ago. I definitely liked the cross pendant and sort of liked the beads of the other necklace. Since they were a package deal for just under $4.00, I figured I may as well bring them into the craft room and see what sort of magic would happen.


After staring at them for several minutes a day and walking past them countless more times, I finally sat myself down with them this morning and began the painstaking task of deconstructing each one. Ok, ok, it wasn't really as daunting a task as I'm trying to make it seem, but I hadn't yet had a full cup of coffee, so take a little pity on a gal, would ya???


After much deliberation...with myself and only myself...this is the final product. Well, let me be totally honest here, this is the second final product. That's right, I made the necklace twice. Remember how you're supposed to measure twice and cut once in carpentry, right? And you recall that I didn't have my usual full cup of coffee prior to starting this project, right? Yeah, centimeters don't equal inches. 'Nuff said.


Aside from all of the silliness it took to actually get this one finished today, I can't wait to show it off because I really like how it turned out. This is one of my favorite pendants thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment