Tuesday, July 23, 2013

And She's Back!

I broke out of corporate world once again and have returned to the craft room! Today I spent some time on a few writing assignments and did a little homework, but all work and no play makes this lady a superbly dull girl. Soooooo, I let the creativity run amok!

First I dove into the wool roving and made the ugliest praying cowgirl cross I could've ever thought up. Somehow, some way, I'm going to perfect that design because I think it has a lot of potential. I might have to bribe dear daughter for a needle felting lesson or two to get me there, but whatever it takes, right?!?

Then I got a wild hair up my you-know-where to paint... on canvas!!! And believe it or not, I actually had one tucked away in a craft drawer! Ok, so I admit that it's actually mini-me's canvas, and I admit that I used it without her permission. If she wants me to replace it, I suppose I will. Yes, yes, I will. The important thing is that I have an actual plan in mind for this new little project and it's going to be majestic, but this is what I have so far.


I had to leave my praying mama in the picture so you could see exactly how tiny and precious this canvas is. So adorable! But I don't intend for the final product to be cutesy; it'll be a more serious and meaningful piece if it turns out how it looks inside my head. We'll see how that winds up transferring!!!

Oh, it's so great to be back!!! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment