Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Alter Ego


Tomorrow I am expecting a plethora of square mirrors from a house that's being remodeled and I am super duper excited about repurposing them!!! But since I have to wait until tomorrow to get into all that, I needed to find something to get my hands into today. Upon scanning the scenery of the craft room, I discovered I still have ample supply of mason jars, so I decided to put them to use.

I took time to learn a little about altered jars this afternoon and quickly took to designing a few of my own. The first  one was, I believe, appropriately named Treasured Love Mason Jar. It includes sheet music from my ginormous stash, one of the doilies I purchased from a garage sale just a couple of weeks ago, a jewel accessory that sort of resembles a pocket watch and another that bears the word "love". The lyrics I picked out from the sheet music say, "You are my treasure...the world's greatest:" The pocket watch-looking accessory I felt was an appropriate addition to this jar because, well, pocket watches are often treasured possessions and love should withstand the test of time. Yeah, sometimes I get pretty deep with my crafting.





If you are interested in learning more about how I created the Treasured Love Mason Jar and others like it, you can find detailed instructions here. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment