Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Play Time

I am back in business, so to speak, and feeling much better. Thanks to those who sent well wishes during my recent down time. Once I got back on my feet (literally), it didn't take me long to stock up on some new crafting supplies.


The first thing I ripped into was a "God Heals" necklace that I'd bought already assembled. It seemed fitting, as I'd just come from an important neurology appointment to discuss my new treatment plan. But it didn't seem quite complete. So I disassembled it and reconstructed the entire thing, including the closure and the chain. The finished product is a "For the Cause" trinket necklace that I adore.

 

Then I wasted no time diving into some new-to-me image transfer techniques found in the book "Playing With Image Transfers" by Courtney Cerruti. I've used a few of these in previous projects, but the fabric techniques she details are what really intrigued me enough to purchase the book (and the fact that I had a 40% off coupon to purchase it at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store didn't hurt either).


I'm currently in the middle of a paper-to-slate transfer, a project of firsts for me. This includes using Liquitex Gel Medium instead of Mod Podge, which I've never worked with. I'm also working on an uneven surface instead of a smooth surface. I'm anxious to see how it turns out, but will keep you all in suspense because, if the outcome is as I hope it will be, this is going in someone's Easter basket. :)

Also on the project list are more horse blanket repairs, 2 cut-and-sew projects, a first attempt at an alteration and some super cool doohickies involving Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. Until next time...may God bless you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment