Monday, April 14, 2014

Mish Mash Monday

Last week was a bit of a whirlwind of new adventures and this morning I'm starting to see pieces falling into place to make a clear picture. Toward the end of the week, and certainly over the weekend, I focused on writing and did zero crafting. Well, that's not entirely true.  I managed to network some crafting projects and increase my materials, so that still counts.

I had a bit of an epiphany upon waking one morning mid-week and officially have a cover page typed for my first novel. The content is still rolling around in my head and it'll probably stay there for 40 years before it hits paper. But that's ok. I've taken the first step.

Next I made my first ebay sale in years. I like rehoming things and giving them fresh life. I hope the new owner enjoys his purchase. Of course now I have the "what else can I sell" bug!

Dear daughter and I then went on a Goodwill spree and I managed to score two metal storage boxes stuffed to the gills with hand written recipes. It was like opening up my own grandmother's recipe box. I couldn't believe my eyes! The man behind me in the checkout line was a bit snarky, insisting there was probably a $100 bill tucked in there and I insisted that he was missing out on the true treasure. He didn't get it. But I did, and they're safely at home with me now. My husband has already earmarked several recipes that he'd like to taste test. How kind of him to offer his services. :)



My grandest achievement of the week was having my first post as a guest blogger published. I received a rating that stated "exceeded expectations", which made me smile. I've been writing professionally for a little over 5 years now, but it's still reassuring to receive a validating pat on the back from time to time, especially when writing for someone else.

None of this, not one single bit of this, could compare to the wonderousness of yesterday being Palm Sunday and the start of Holy Week leading up to Easter. Our church service was amazing - children ushering us all into the sanctuary waving palm branches, talk of a humble donkey, and the story of Jesus beginning his journey to the cross to bear all of our sins so that we can have everlasting life. Wow.


This week, I am focusing on prayer and charitable acts ahead of my work. If you have small children, I highly recommend this post on Holy Week by Christian Ministries for great ideas on family activities. 

Hosanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment